Current job openings:
About: Founded by will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas, The i.am Angel Foundation administers charitable activities and programs for young people in underserved communities targeted towards providing college scholarships, college preparation, and STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics). i.am Angel is dedicated to empowering underrepresented communities through education and technology. We believe that every individual has the potential to be a leader in their community and that access to education and technology is key to unlocking that potential. Our programs focus on providing underserved youth with the tools and resources they need to succeed in the 21st century.
Title: Program Director
Role: The Program Director will be responsible for managing assigned i.am Angel’s programs and initiatives. The role will involve working closely with the Executive Director and other senior leaders to implement programs that align with the foundation’s mission and goals.
We are seeking someone with excellent communication and writing skills that is also passionate about equity in STEAM education and with experience working within school districts.
This position is based in LA and reports to the Executive Director of the foundation.
– Basic knowledge of of STEM/STEAM subjects is required (coding, robotics, engineering, etc)
– Must be a self-starter that’s able to work independently
– Must live in Los Angeles or surrounding areas
– Must have reliable transportation and a drivers license
– Excellent writing skills and communication skills
– Ability to generate detailed program evaluation reports.
– English and Spanish speaking
- Manage and oversee foundation programs designed to address educational equity.
- Responsible for program implementation, evaluation, and detailed progress reports.
- Manage capacity building programs, programmatic impact, and strategies in alignment with organizational goals.
- Provide management for i.am STEAM/Robotics Initiative, and be willing to lead and expand the program.
- Support in relationship management with key foundation, community, and governmental partners locally and statewide. Consult and collaborate with expert advocates, organizers, and sector leaders.
- Manage consultant partners and coaches for successful execution of programs.
- Keep a database of students that are in the programs and stay in communication with students receiving grants to report on progress.
- Help coordinate all deliverables for current partnerships with the LAUSD and after school partner programs.
- Lead communications with partners to drive successful project execution.
- Engage with grantee network to understand needs, opportunities and organize community-based initiatives.
- Oversee creation of articles, presentations, reports, other marketing collateral and digital media campaigns to promote initiatives.
- Create and provide program information to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Communications Dept on messaging and outreach.
- Oversees & organizes the website, keeping it up to date.
- Creating newsletters and web blog posts
- Prepare professional, detailed progress & impact reports for foundation collaborators and donors.
- Actively seeks grant funding opportunities to support the development of new and existing programs.
- Maintain detailed program budgets
Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent personal lived/professional experience.
- 4+ years’ minimum of experience with program management.
- Fluent in English & Spanish
- Experience with launching new initiatives and public speaking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational & analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with First Robotics and/or STEAM education is preferred.
- Experience with program development and administration through an equity lens.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and budgets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, must be a self starter and able to work remotely.
- Have knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps, Excel, Google forms, and WordPress
- Must live in the LA area or surrounding regions with the ability to commute.
- Experience in planning and executing events, workshops and meetings
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Skills in communications technologies, including website management oversight, video conferencing, e-mail and marketing platforms, social media platforms and the ability to prepare high quality PowerPoint presentations/video for partnership projects and outreach.
- Experience with programmatic evaluation.
- Event logistics and curriculum planning.
- Availability to attend in-person training, events and meetings in Los Angeles.
Please send cover letter explaining why you think you’re a good fit for the position and resume‘ to: email@example.com